Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: Rockstar Nail Salon and Spa - Jenn

On Monday I treated myself to a mani/pedi at a local spa called Rockstar. It is run by two cousins, Susanne and Gina. They are both super sweet! Susanne is definitely the more talkative one and Gina is more quiet but they are both very dedicated to their business and to their craft.

I asked Gina why they opened their own place and she told me that doing nails was something she has always done and loved. People always told her she should open a spa and last year she decided to go for it with her cousin. Susanne went to school to become a nail technician and had worked at other places. She is really committed to the highest health and safety practices. The two ladies built the place themselves, laying tiles, building benches. It is super clean!

I went with my sister and she brought her baby boy along. Gina's mom was their and ended up scooping him up for most of the evening. It was awesome. The whole place had a friendly, calm feeling. Baby Levi slept really well.

As for the mani/pedi part I walked away a very happy customer. They spent a full two hours with us, even though we got their basic package. This was my first pedi and I really loved it.

Of course there are some things I would improve. Their website is beautiful but seriously out of date. Although I walked away happy from the experience my nail polish coverage was not 100% on two nails. I feel bad complaining about that but it really bothered me since I don't have the same colour to fix it here at home.

So I all that being said, would highly recommend Rockstar Nail Salon and Spa to anyone in the Newmarket/Aurora area. Their customer service was great and their careful attention to health and safety is reassuring.

See you tomorrow! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please remember that this is a family friendly blog so no potty talk :) Fresh ideas and constructive criticism are always welcome.