Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: Essence Polish - Nicole

So, remember the blue with black and white dots nail art I did last week? (If not click here.)  Well I used a new brand of polish: Essence - a Shopper's Drug Mart brand.  Here's a link: Essence. I liked the colour and it was cheap ($1.99) so I thought I'd give it a try.  NEVER AGAIN!! Not only did it start chipping off within 24 hours but when I took it off it had stained my nails very very badly.  I can safely say it was the worst nail staining I have ever had. Even a nail buffer didn't get rid of it all.  Here, take a look for yourself:


That's after 2 rounds of nail polish remover!  I did forget to put a base coat on, but even so this level of staining is unacceptable.  Even my cheapest darkest reds without a base coat don't stain this badly.  It really limited my options when it came time to choose a new polish.  If I still had the receipt I would be taking this back ASAP.

Yeah, I know I should have used a base coat and I shouldn't expect a lot out of a cheapie polish... but still.  I  have been buying and using cheap polishes for a long time and have never had this happen.  Doesn't give me a lot of confidence about any of the other products in the Essence cosmetics line.  I certainly won't be buying anything from this line again.

I give Essence Color and Go nail polish 0 out of 5 nails.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please remember that this is a family friendly blog so no potty talk :) Fresh ideas and constructive criticism are always welcome.