Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: Ciate Velvet Manicure - Jenn

 
Happy Long Weekend! I hope that everyone has had a good one so far. I know I have.  Today I am going to celebrate my friend's daughter's first birthday and I wanted to do something fantastic with my nails. I went into Sephora to see if there was anything inspiring. I was not disappointed. I found at Ciate Velevet Manicure and I knew I had to try it.
 
I did it last night and it is super easy to apply. First I did a clear base coat, something the instructions do not ask you to do and sort of imply you shouldn't have. I did it anyways because the colour polish is very dark and I do not want staining. Next put on a first layer of the polish they provide and let it dry. You work one nail at a time from this point on. Put on the next layer of polish, shake the crushed velvet pieces over your nail and use their black brush to brush off excess. I found the more you piled on the better it turned out. Do each nail and that is it! It was easy.
 
 
So the pros: super easy, feels amazing to the touch. The cons: Chips off tips easily because you can't use a top coat, looks shiny even though it is soft.  Take a look at the photos. I did these last night and took the photo this morning, less then 8 hours later. There are many chips.
 
 
Over all I would use this again but only for events because it simply doesn't last.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please remember that this is a family friendly blog so no potty talk :) Fresh ideas and constructive criticism are always welcome.